Where can I get a Fecal Transplant?

brendarusnak
Topic starter
(@brendarusnak)

If anyone has had experience in having a Fecal Transplant please let us know where they had it done, and other details. 

1 Reply
wwarner
(@wwarner)

I had it done at Kadlec Hospital, June 9, 2020. I was a victim of 6 months of C-Diff and multiple rounds of antibiotics that didn't work.

The FMT cured me of the C-Diff, but there were other issues - such as nutritional support - that no one informed me of. I tried working with a nutritionist, and yet was having weight gain and irregular bowel consistency. A little over a week ago I ate out for the first time in ages since the COVID-19 pandemic. I had a hamburger and since that evening I've had diarrhea.

It's been over a week at this point and I'm now concerned that my FMT is ruined and I may need a second one. I am going to the ER at the recommendation of my primary care physician.

How can you protect the FMT and get it to work with your body? How do you prevent weight gain? There are some weird side effects I got like dry skin and rogue facial hairs. I had black hairs on my face for the first time in my life - I'm a natural blond, so I could only attribute the black hairs to the FMT. (BTW - They were promptly plucked).

Nobody really prepares you for the post-FMT experience, and if I get a second one, I will let you know. I'm scared right now that I either have C-Diff again, or e-Coli, or a combination. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the ER visit. I hope I won't face this experience again, but if so, is there anyone that specializes in getting the new micro-biome to take hold? 

Share: